We recommend that before your first session, or before any incident with the video call, you first check with this tutorial if you have configured everything correctly. Also, check that you have your Wifi and its working with sufficient power.
Remember before starting the video call
- Go to a quiet place that has good light
- Use headphones, if it is not possible, keep the speakers' volume at a medium level
- Avoid having other programs or browsers open at the same time
- If you are on your computer, make sure to have one of these browsers and that they are updated:
Chrome v.60 or higher
Firefox 56x version or higher
- Update to the latest version of TherapyChat. For doing so you only have to refresh the page through F5 or through the refresh button in the menu bar.
- Make sure to have a good connexion preferably by wire or, if it is possible, stay close to the Wifi power source.
- Enable the camera and microphone devices
If you use Chrome:
- Open chrome in your computer and load TherapyChat’s web
- Next to the TherapyChat URL, located in the top of the browser, click on “it is safe”
- Check that the Camera and the Microphone are enabled
If you use Firefox:
- Open Firefox in your computer and load TherapyChat’s web
- In the upper left, click on the lock located next to the web’s URL
- Select (>) and More Information
- Access the Permissions option
- Check that the Camera and Microphone are enabled
Answering Video calls
Remember turning on the notifications and having the session open, to receive a desktop notification of an incoming video call,
Video calls may be answered or declined by both and such actions will always be reflected in the chat.
Missed Video call
When the therapist calls and 45 seconds later there is no answer from the patient, or if the therapist hangs up before allowing the patient to pick up.
Declined Video call
When the patient declines the incoming video call
Ended Video call
When the patient and the therapist have been connected. Next to it, you can see the duration of such Video call.
Vide call options
Hides or activates de camera so that the interlocutor can see them or not.
Hang up Video call
End Video call
Deactivate or activate the microphone so that the interlocutor can hear you or not
Return to the chat
Without ending the call, you can return to the chat and interact with it, as well as consulting your forms, change of subscription…
- Blocking the camera and/or microphone will be notified to the interlocutor
- The end call button may not be available during the first instances of the call until it is possible.